Techy, sciencey, nerdy, slightly weird, all rolled into a comic. Compressed, wrapped. Cached, maybe.
Updates every monday morning, to help you through the hard times.
About the author
Beyond programming, my interests extend to physics, mathematics, messing around with electronics (amateur style), also some nerd stuff (reading books, comics, manga).
Architecture behind Consolia
Some noteworthy details about the setup:
- The back-end API is open source, you can check it out on GitHub.
- The dashboard (cron) keeps track of upvotes & comments on Reddit, 9gag, Cheezburger, Tumblr, Twitter and Facebook, using their API where possible.
- The top 9 comics (based on the sum of upvotes) appear on the website as favs. So long as i don't forget to create a thumbnail for them.
- There's an open API too. When publishing a comic it automatically generates static JSON files - nginx sends along the proper content type. Of course it only regenerates the last comic and the index. Detail call example.
- The whole website is built following the AMP specs. Because i can.
- Even though i have a backoffice + API, i still add comics using scp & mysql directly. I like to tell myself it's less work.